More trouble for Nnamdi Kanu as military aircraft allegedly hovers over IPOB leader’s house (video)
– A Facebook user, Somto Okonkwo, claims a military helicopter hovered over the house of Nnamdi Kanu for over two hours
– He alleges that the Nigerian army still plans to attack the IPOB leader
– A former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, condemns the reported military siege at the residence Kanu
A video of a military helicopter allegedly hovering over the house of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has surfaced online.
READ ALSO: Why US commander visited Nigeria
The video was posted on Facebook on Wednesday, September 13, by Somto Okonkwo, who claims the military helicopter hovered over the house of Nnamdi Kanu for over two hours.
Okonkwo who is described on his Facebook wall as: “Publisher at The Biafra Herald,” “Works at Radio Biafra,” and “Admin/Editor/Publisher at Radio Biafra London,” alleged that the Nigerian army was still planning to attack the IPOB leader.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
However, as at the time of publishing this report, NAIJ.com was yet to independently verify the claims by Somto Okonkwo on the alleged military operation near Kanu’s house.
Watch the video posted by Somto Okonkwo below:
Meanwhile, a former minister of aviation Femi Fani-Kayode has condemned the reported military siege at the residence of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu.
In a statement sent to NAIJ.com on Tuesday, September 12, Fani-Kayode said the “behaviour of the military against a ‘defenceless and unarmed civilian population in Abia state is reprehensible.”
Fani-Kayode describing the action by the military as primitive, said Kanu and the people of the southeast have done nothing wrong to deserve such treatment.
You can watch this NAIJ.com TV video below of Kanu’s lawyer talking about the military invasion of his client’s house:
You may be interested
Mugabe departure ‘historic opportunity’ for Zimbabwe – USWebby - Nov 21, 2017
The United States said Tuesday that the resignation of Zimbabwe’s long-time ruler Robert Mugabe offered the country’s people a “historic opportunity” for change…
Falana benefited from loot, bought N1bn mansion from me – MainaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Femi Falana denied buying mansion from Maina- The rights lawyer said he never knew the embattled former chairman of PRTT- He challenged…
Obasanjo makes a vow concerning primary healthcare in NigeriaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Former President Olusegun Obasano has pledged his continuous support and advocacy towards primary healthcare development in Nigeria- Obasanjo made the pledge when…