BREAKING: Health workers declare Operation Alligator Bite, commence strike September 20
– Joint Health Sector Unions (JOHESU), is set to commence strike from Wednesday, September 20
– The union tagged the planned strike ‘Operation Alligator Bite’
– JOHESU said that the strike will be more dangerous than the Python Dance declared by the army in the southeast
The crises in the Nigerian health sector seems to have no solution in sight as the Joint Health Sector Unions, JOHESU directed its members to commence strike from Wednesday, September 20 if the federal government fails to meet their grievances.
The union tagged the planned strike ‘Operation Alligator Bite’.
According to them, the strike will be more dangerous than the Python Dance declared by the army in the southeast, Vanguard reports.
NAIJ.com had reported that the National Association of Resident Doctors on Thursday, September 7, refused to call off the strike action embarked on by its union despite holding a 13-hour meeting with representatives of the federal government in Abuja.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The meeting was held at the federal secretariat in Abuja and it ended in the early hours of Thursday, September 7.
Watch this NAIJ.com TV video of what Nigerians are saying on whether doctors or teachers should get higher salary:
You may be interested
Mugabe departure ‘historic opportunity’ for Zimbabwe – USWebby - Nov 21, 2017
The United States said Tuesday that the resignation of Zimbabwe’s long-time ruler Robert Mugabe offered the country’s people a “historic opportunity” for change…
Falana benefited from loot, bought N1bn mansion from me – MainaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Femi Falana denied buying mansion from Maina- The rights lawyer said he never knew the embattled former chairman of PRTT- He challenged…
Obasanjo makes a vow concerning primary healthcare in NigeriaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Former President Olusegun Obasano has pledged his continuous support and advocacy towards primary healthcare development in Nigeria- Obasanjo made the pledge when…