Operation Python Dance: Nigerian Army informed Hausas to leave Umuahia before it started its ‘decimation’ campaign – IPOB alleges
– The Indigenous People of Biafra has accused soldiers of informing Hausa-Fulanis resident in Umuahia, ahead of their Operation Python Dance campaign
– The pro-Biafra group alleged that the Army ensured that all Hausa-Fulani’s left the area as it prepared to ‘decimate’ Igbos, but vowed that no one can stop its agitation for Biafra
– The group appealed to various nations and international bodies to prevail on the federal government to call for a referendum as it said it did not want war
The Nigerian Army has been accused by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), of informing all Hausa-Fulani residents of Umuahia to relocate, ahead of its ongoing Operation Python Dance campaign.
According to reports, IPOB made its accusations in a statement released by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful.
It read: “We were properly informed that the Hausa Fulani soldiers have instructed all the Hausa-Fulani living in Biafranland; particularly those in Umuahia and its environs to vacate.
“Right now, none of the Hausa Fulani could be sighted or seen anywhere around Umuahia.
“This show is to prove that the Hausa Fulani soldiers deployed to Biafranland are battle-ready to decimate Biafran people in their own land while preventing any reprisal that this evil plot might lead to.
“But, we promise them that IPOB under Mazi Nnamdi Kanu cannot resort to armed struggle or afford to stop now that we have passed the Rubicon.
“We achieved a lot towards the restoration of Biafra and God Almighty (Chukwu Okike Abiama) is on our side.
“No man born of a woman can stop the project God almighty himself ordained.”
The group however stated that it was not asking for war, and called on various countries and global institutions to urge the Nigerian government to fix a date for a referendum to be conducted.
The statement read further: “We are calling on men and women of good conscience across the globe, lovers of freedom, United Nations (UN), European Union (EU), African Union (AU), American government, Russia government, Israeli government, Chinese government, Turkish government, Canadian government, French government, German government, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and relevant human rights organizations across the globe to prevail on the Nigerian government to leave Biafrans alone, by fixing a particular date for referendum in Biafranland to ascertain whether the people want to remain in Nigeria or not; we are not asking for war.”
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that the federal government was urged to end the Army’s ongoing Operation Python Dance campaign, by the former director of the State Security Service (SSS), Mike Ejiofor.
According to Ejiofor, the campaign may cause serious problems for the country.
Watch this NAIJ.com TV video of Nnamdi Kanu’s lawyer reacting to the alleged invasion of his client’s house by the army:
You may be interested
Mugabe departure ‘historic opportunity’ for Zimbabwe – USWebby - Nov 21, 2017
The United States said Tuesday that the resignation of Zimbabwe’s long-time ruler Robert Mugabe offered the country’s people a “historic opportunity” for change…
Falana benefited from loot, bought N1bn mansion from me – MainaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Femi Falana denied buying mansion from Maina- The rights lawyer said he never knew the embattled former chairman of PRTT- He challenged…
Obasanjo makes a vow concerning primary healthcare in NigeriaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Former President Olusegun Obasano has pledged his continuous support and advocacy towards primary healthcare development in Nigeria- Obasanjo made the pledge when…