If northern governors were allowed to address Arewa youths, why use soldiers to address IPOB? – Fayose
– Governor Fayose condemned the operation by the military in the south east
– He called on the government to allow the governors handle it
– He said this was the same way northern governors handle the issue of Arewa youths
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti has condemned the ongoing Operation Python Dance being carried out by the army in the south east.
There has been growing tension in the region over the operation with several reports of clashes between soldiers and members of the Indigenous People Of Biafra IPOB).
The Ekiti governor in a series of tweets said the government should have allowed governors in the south east to address the issue with Nnamdi Kanu instead of deploying military men to the region.
He noted that if governors from the northern region could be allowed to address the issue of quit notice to Igbos with Arewa youths, the same things should have been done to IPOB members.
Meanwhile, a former minister of education, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, faulted the deployment of military to the southeast by the federal government of Nigeria.
In a series of tweets by the former minister, monitored by NAIJ.com on Wednesday, September 13, Ezekwesili urged President Muhammadu Buhari not to stigmatize the Igbo tribe because of the activities of IPOB.
She advised the government to handle the agitation from the group with what she called “appropriate mechanism.”
Watch NAIJ.com TV interview with IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s lawyer about the military invasion:
You may be interested
Mugabe departure ‘historic opportunity’ for Zimbabwe – USWebby - Nov 21, 2017
The United States said Tuesday that the resignation of Zimbabwe’s long-time ruler Robert Mugabe offered the country’s people a “historic opportunity” for change…
Falana benefited from loot, bought N1bn mansion from me – MainaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Femi Falana denied buying mansion from Maina- The rights lawyer said he never knew the embattled former chairman of PRTT- He challenged…
Obasanjo makes a vow concerning primary healthcare in NigeriaFlora Israel - Nov 21, 2017
- Former President Olusegun Obasano has pledged his continuous support and advocacy towards primary healthcare development in Nigeria- Obasanjo made the pledge when…