How Zamfara Governor Abdulaziz Yari Bought $1m US mansion
– Emerging reports has stated that Zamfara state governor, Abudal’aziz Abubakar Yari, alledly bought a property in the United States for a princely sum of $950,000 two years after resuming office
– The 2.1-acre property located at 14800 Bowie Farm Court, Bowie Maryland (Zip code: MD 20721) has six full and two half bathrooms with a jacuzzi in the master bedroom
– However, Yari was said to have denied ownership of any hotel in Lagos, claiming he does not even own a plot in the Nigeria’s commercial capital
Some Foreign bank accounts and $1m US mansion allegedly owned by Zamfara state governor, Mr. Abudal’aziz Abubakar Yari has been exposed.
SaharaReporter reports that Governor Yari, procured the property two years after becoming the governor of the state.
NAIJ.com gathered that the property he has in the United States alone is worth of $950,000.
It was learnt that the 2.1-acre property is located at 14800 Bowie Farm Court, Bowie Maryland (Zip code: MD 20721), it has six full and two half bathrooms with a jacuzzi in the master bedroom.
Also the reports have it that there is a limited liability company, K Hovanian Hamptons, located at Creek 11, Delaware owned by the same man.
Yari was said to have allegedly bought the property after he fraudulently awarded N25billion in road contracts in Zamfara in 2012.
He was also found to have diverted the sum of N500million from the Paris Club refund to pay off a loan.
The governor was said to have withdrawn N500million from the N19billion Paris Club refund illegally paid into the account of Nigerian Governors’ Forum as payment to “consultants”.
Reports further state that he deposited the stolen sum into a bank account with a mortgage bank from which he had taken an N800million loan to buy properties in 2013.
Yari is thought to have pocketed the sum of N2.2billion from the sum illegally diverted into the Nigerian Governors’ Forum Account by the Federal Ministry of Finance.
Meanwhile, Senate President, Mr. Bukola Saraki, and his companion were said to have benefited from N3.5billion from illegal diversion, which is being investigated by the EFCC.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com recalls Governor Abdulaziz of Zamfara state allegedly diverted N500 million being part of the Paris Club loan refund.
The governor is currently being castigated by Nigerians for declaring that the meningitis that has killed at least 336 people in the country is a punishment from God for the sins committed by citizens.
Watch this NAIJ.com TV Video of the EFCC stage a walk against corruption:
You may be interested
Good news for Nigeria as Oil prices poise to rise above $60 amid tightening supply, strong demandFlora Israel - Oct 23, 2017
- Prices of oil rose on Monday, October 23- The oil price took a shoot up over supply concerns in the Middle East…
BREAKING: Evans in court for fresh charges of kidnapping, murderFlora Israel - Oct 23, 2017
Alleged billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a. Evans, is currently before the Lagos state High Court in Igbosere on fresh charges.Evans has been arraigned…
Obasanjo’s ex-aide, Ugochukwu reveals what Nigerians want in 2019Flora Israel - Oct 23, 2017
- Onyema Ugochukwu, the former special adviser on communication to ex-president Obasanjo has spoken on the 2019 presidential election - Ugochukwu declared that…