Nigerian Air Force puts smile on the faces of school kids in IDP camps
– Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has started putting smiles on the faces of children in IDP camps over the commencement of food donation
– Nigerian Air Force has started putting smiles on the faces of children in Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps over the food donation
– Mrs Yapati Sanda, the headmistress of Dalori Camp 1 Primary School, where the programme started expressed her appreciation to NAF for the kind gesture
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has showed great care to school kids in Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Dalori and Bama, while commencing to feed them daily.
This is part of its renewed efforts to promote primary school education among disadvantaged pupils.
The NAF Chief of Medical Services, Air Vice Marshal Saleh Shinkafi, who represented the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), said that the programme would entail the provision one meal daily to five hundred school children each from both Dalori and Bama IDP camps.
He also said that the CAS, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, conceived the idea of the school feeding scheme so as to reduce malnutrition among the pupils in order to give them the opportunity to live and also go to school.
According to him, the programme, which could be extended depending on the availability of resources, would provide assistance and succour to the children and complement the efforts of the Federal and State Governments.
In his remark, the Commander of NAF’s 105 Composite Group in Maiduguri, Air Commodore Tajudeen Yusuf said the programme would contribute to the survival of the generation of pupils in the IDP camps to enable them contribute positively to the nation in the future.
Mrs Yapati Sanda, the headmistress of Dalori Camp 1 Primary School, where the programme started expressed her appreciation to NAF for the kind gesture.
Sanda said the gesture the action would encourage many pupils that had dropped out of school to resume classes.
NAIJ.com gathered that the NAF airlifted the recently donated Indomie noodles, worth over Ten Million Naira, to Maiduguri to supplement the nutritional programme for children in IDP camps.
It was learnt that a 5-year old malnourished and abandoned child had earlier benefitted from the NAF nutritional programme for children in IDP camps.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that Nigerians had reacted to pictures of decayed beans which were allegedly served to IDPs in Borno state recently.
Some pictures of decayed beans allegedly served to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Borno state have emerged online.
Watch this NAIJ.com TV Video of Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram:
You may be interested
Senate indicts former minister of finance Okonjo-Iweala over N1.7tn revenue lossFlora Israel - Oct 24, 2017
- The Nigerian Senate faults former minister of finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for mandating agencies to remit only part of their revenue generated to…
Nigeria’s 82-year-old ambassador to United States may be rejected, US expert warnsFlora Israel - Oct 24, 2017
- President Muhammadu Buhari's ambassadorial nominee to US may be rejected because of age- The nomination of the 82-year-old, Sylvanus Nsofor, raised a…
Judge’s absence stalls FG’s $406.8m suit against ShellWebby - Oct 24, 2017
By Onozure Dania LAGOS—A Federal High Court in Lagos was yesterday, forced to adjourn continuation of hearing until November 15 in a suit…