Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7
Today being a well-educated person is very important. There are thousands of different universities around the world. Delta State University and Niger Delta University are two of such institutions. It provides a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum for students. If you want to learn more, read this article. You will find out what courses are offered in Niger Delta University and Delta State University!
Niger Delta University
Niger Delta University is situated in Wilberforce Island in Nigeria. It was built in 2000 by the administrator of Bayelsa State. This university has two major campuses. One of them is in the state capital, Yenagoa. It includes the law faculty. The other campus is located in Amassoma.
Niger Delta University is among the TOP-50 universities in Nigeria. It offers a wonderful chance for students to get a qualitative education at Bachelor, Masters, and Ph.D. levels. The university is also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Niger Delta University has nine faculties.
Courses offered in Niger Delta University
There is the official list of courses and departments which can be found in Niger Delta University in Nigeria:
1. Accountancy / Finance / Accounting.
2. Adult Education.
3. Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
4. Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology.
5. Banking and Finance.
7. Biological Science(s).
8. Business Administration / Marketing.
9. Business Education.
10. Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering.
12. Civil Engineering.
13. Crop Production Technology.
14. Curriculum and Instruction.
16. Education and Political Science.
17. Education and Science.
18. Education and Social Science.
19. Education Arts.
20. Educational Management.
21. Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
22. Electrical Engineering.
23. English and Literary Studies.
24. English Language.
25. Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts.
26. Fisheries Technology.
29. History and Diplomacy.
30. Hospitality And Tourism Management.
31. Industrial Education Technology.
33. Insurance and Actuarial Science.
35. Livestock Production Technology.
36. Marine Engineering.
37. Mathematics / Computer Science.
38. Mechanical Engineering.
39. Medicine and Surgery.
40. Nursing / Nursing Science.
41. Office And Information Management.
42. Personnel Management.
43. Petroleum Engineering.
46. Physics with Electronics.
47. Political Science.
48. Pure / Applied Chemistry.
49. Religious Studies.
50. Sociology and Anthropology.
51. Theatre Arts.
52. Vocational Industrial Education.
With such a large variety of courses, students can learn absolutely anything, depending on their preference.
Niger Delta University also offers a list of student services. It includes tutoring, day care, health aid and placement service. There are vehicle patrols and night transport service. It is aimed at keeping students safe every second of every day.
Courses offered in Delta State University, Abraka
This institution is a State-owned university in Nigeria. It manages a multi-campus structure. The institution of higher education has a main campus, which is situated in Abraka. It also has a campus at Anwai, Asaba.
Delta State University in Abraka offers the full-time certificate, part-time diploma, adult education and weekend degree programs.
READ ALSO: Best Medical Schools in Nigeria 2017
You can see the list of courses offered by Delta State University, Abraka:
– Banking And Finance;
– Business Administration;
– Agricultural Economics;
– Animal Science;
– Forestry And Wildlife;
– Soil Science.
3. Arts And Humanities:
– Drama/Dramatic/Performing Arts;
– English And Literary Studies;
– Fine Art/Fine And Applied Arts;
– History And International Studies;
– Linguistic And Urhobo;
– Religious Studies.
– Agricultural Science And Education;
– Business Education;
– Education & Computer Science;
– Education & Economics;
– Education & Mathematics;
– Education & Music;
– Education & Physics;
– Education & Religious Studies;
– Education And Biology;
– Education And Chemistry;
– Education And English Language;
– Education And French;
– Education And Geography;
– Education And History;
– Education And Integrated Science;
– Education And Political Science;
– Education And Social Studies;
– Education Fine & Applied Arts;
– Educational Management;
– Guidance & Counselling;
– Health Education;
– Home Economics And Education;
– Library Science;
– Nursery And Primary Education;
– Physical And Health Education;
– Technical Education.
– Civil Engineering;
– Electrical /Electronic Engineering;
– Geography And Regional Planning;
– Mechanical Engineering.
6. Law/Legal Studies:
– Civil Law.
7. Med/Pharm/Health Sciences:
– Medical Biochemistry;
– Medicine And Surgery;
– Nursing/Nursing Science;
– Pharmacology And Therapeutics;
– Computer Science;
– Industrial Chemistry;
– Industrial Mathematics;
– Library And Information Science;
9. Social Sciences:
– Mass Communication;
– Political Science;
Courses offered at Delta State University, Abraka would help students to form their identity. They are designed to improve their skills and knowledge. Nigerian students might love a chance to take their first steps into their future here.
Courses offered by these universities have such possibility. They help students to cultivate their uniqueness. If students have a positive academic record, they can receive a scholarship. After successful graduation from the university, a student might get a chance to work in an industry he/she has prepared for for years.
READ ALSO: List of art courses in Nigerian universities
You may be interested
Biafra separatists protest against President Buhari in Turkey, demand separation from Nigeria (photos)Flora Israel - Oct 21, 2017
- IPOB supporters staged a peaceful protest in Turkey demanding the secession of Biafra from Nigeria- The protest was carried out under the…
Barcelona roll on calmly amidst Catalan chaosWebby - Oct 21, 2017
Barcelona dismissed another day of political chaos in Catalonia to continue on their merry way at the top of La Liga by beating…
‘Ambode tired of seeing unsustainable dumpsites in Lagos’Webby - Oct 21, 2017
By Osa AmadiTo end the challenges of waste management in Lagos, the 7th fastest growing city in the world with an estimated population…